Concern over Neighbourhood Recycling Points


I have met with Dundee City Council officials to raise concerns over the future of recycling points within the West End. A couple of the popular Neighbourhood Recycling Points have been the target of vandals in recent weeks.

I am committed to doing all I can to promote recycling, this is why I am concerned that recycling points have been a target for vandals recently. I met with officers of the council to discuss my concerns. We talked about making the Neighbourhood Recycling Points vandal proof but the bottom line is that they should not be targeted by mindless vandals. I hope that the culprits of these attacks are caught and that they are dealt with appropriately.

Neighbourhood Recycling Points are important in the West End where we have a lot of tenement properties which are unsuited to having a plethora of bins. These are important community facilities and I hope that the community will look after them. I would urge anyone with information about any vandalism to contact the police or Crimestoppers.

I also took the opportunity of meeting officers to ask about plans to promote more recycling in the city and especially in the West End. We all have a duty to do our bit to promote recycling and save some of the earth's scarce resources.
To find your nearest recycling point click on the picture.