Changes to Number 2 Bus Service



National Express Dundee, formerly Travel Dundee, have announced changes to bus services commencing on 22nd November. The main change for the West End is a change to the Number 2 service, the details can be found on their website.


Today I met with Lawrence Davie, the Director of National Express Dundee to discuss bus services in the West End. I was particularly keen to discuss the changes to the Number 2 service.

This was a productive meeting. I know that the Number 2 bus service is very popular with many people in the West End, particularly the elderly. I sought some reassurance over the future of this service and I am glad to say that I got some reassurance. The service will now be a the same time every hour and I have been told that changes have been made to improve the reliability of the service. Improvements have been made to the 2S service which should make it easier for pupils from the West End to get to St John's High School. A number of parents have raised that issue with me and hopefully this will solve some of the problems which have been raised.

Obviously as with all such changes the proof of the pudding will be in the eating and it will be interesting to see if these changes do live up to the claims made for them. I was happy to meet with the bus company and discuss their work in the West End. If local residents have any problems with these services once the changes have been made I would be happy to go back to the bus company to raise their concerns.