GMB Political Forum

Today I attended a meting of GMB Scotland's political forum. I am a member of the GMB (the General Municipal and Boilermakers Union) and they supported my candidacy for City Council. I believe that the link between the trade unions and the Labour Party is a good thing. The Labour Party was created by the trade unions and the trade union link is something which I support.

The Trade Union link ensures that Labour contiunes to represent working people.

For someone in local government it is good to get the opportunity to listen to the views of local government employees. There were members who worked in the whisky industry at today's meeting and it was good to hear about the need to ensure that Scottish whisky has to be both produced and bottled in Scotland.

Training and apprenticeships were also discussed at length and it is clear that government should be doing all it can to promote these.