Improvement and Efficiency sub-committee

Today I was a substitute for the my colleague Helen Wright at the Improvement and Efficiency Sub-Committee. This is an interesting committee which examines how the council is delivering on the areas which it has stated are priorities. I asked questions about a review of car parking provision in ex-council housing areas. I was a bit disappointed to hear that nothing concrete has happened as a result of this review as yet. This is an important issue for people across the city and in areas like the Pentland in the West End ward. These areas were built long before residents had the numbers of cars they have today.

I also asked about the effectiveness of monitoring of targets across the council.

I raised an issue about the provision of affordable lending in the city. The Council wants to provide low cost lending and I was very happy to hear that the council is working with DWP and Discovery Credit Union to promote affordable lending.